Congratulations are in order for user Bumblebee! Over the weekend, he became the very first Chessable member to get the awesome “Legend” badge. The badge is awarded to members who reach 10,000,000 points (whew!).
This is quite the achievement. To put it in perspective, I am the very first Chessable member and had a couple of years head start. I am still about 5,000,000 points behind Bumblebee! Incredible.
To celebrate the occasion, we made a very special one of a kind badge. We called it “The One and Only” and Bumblebee is the proud owner of it. Since we truly love all of our members, there might be another badge or two, but they won’t be quite what this one is.
I briefly caught up with Bumblebee, and I can share with you that he is a casual chess player who purely plays unrated games. He loves studying chess openings on Chessable as he enjoys outplaying his opponents from the get-go. It was a bit surprising to me that he doesn’t play chess competitively. Instead he just enjoys learning what Chessable’s masters have to teach in their books. Presumably, he then plays an unrated game or two like a PRO! Therefore, while we don’t have a rating to share with you, this is what Bumblebee had to say about his progress:
“My inaccuracies, mistakes, blunders, and centipoint loss have fallen. I do think I have improved my feel of the game with a better understanding of undermining, pawn breaks, and weak squares.”
Bumblebee is indeed thinking of joining a chess club soon and getting a rating. We look forward to that day (please do write to us with an update Bumblebee!). We think you’ll absolutely rock your local chess club. Keep going!
- Synced chess videos: How to strengthen recall with a fresh new mode of review - 16th March 2018
- FastTrack: The new PRO feature that lets you set the pace - 16th March 2018
- The pause study session feature is here, here is how to find it - 24th January 2018
- Review as “whole variation” is Chessable’s new default setting. What does this mean for you? - 16th January 2018
- Happy New Year! The 2017 year in review + 2018 spoiler. - 1st January 2018
- Learn chess tactics: for beginners and beyond! - 21st December 2017
- Chessable’s new study flow is here! - 20th December 2017
- The MVP approach is contagious: taking it step by step is a wonderful idea. - 16th December 2017
- Beating Magnus after a month of training: the neuroscience of why learning chess is so much harder than learning a language - 27th November 2017
- An Evening of Chess with John Bartholomew (and friends!) - 22nd November 2017