Dear Chessable learners,
It’s been a busy but absolutely fantastic start to the year for us! We’ve had legends of chess film at our studios for you, like GM Harikrishna, GM Aagaard, and GM Shankland. And guess what, we’ve released more courses in the first four months of 2019 than in the entirety of 2018!
While that was going on, the team has also grown from four full-timers and seven part-timers in 2018, to eight full-timers and probably 14+ part-timers. Big thanks to the team and big thanks to you for helping us continue to achieve ever greater heights. With your continued support, in just three months we’ve ballooned from 17 million positions learned by you to a staggering 28 million! Wow.
Before I go on, It’s time for a little hip hip hooray and a special sale on our courses, and of course, a PRO sale. Enjoy!
Lately, when you write to us, a recurring question we get asked is about the news of MoveTrainer 2.0. We announced it at the beginning of the year and it’s now been a few months. Therefore, I thought I’d give you a little bit of an update on what’s going on at Chessable HQ.
We’ve had two developers working on MoveTrainer 2.0 for you since February when we kicked off the project. One more has joined in May to give us more speed. We expect yet another one to start contributing in a month or two once we’ve cleared some other top priorities. We still fully expect to release the shiny new software sometime later this year, perhaps Autumn (Fall? 🙂 )
A side effect of this allocation of resources to MoveTrainer 2.0 is that currently, progress is a tad slower, but fret not, as always, we are still all ears and making things happen to the existing site! For instance, we recently brought you Cyclical Review and a revamp of our most popular course on the site. We never stop listening to our users, we never stop building, so please, keep that feedback coming!
And remember, when we are finally done with the MoveTrainer 2.0 update, not only will we be able to release apps on iOS and Android, but we are building the groundwork so that we can implement highly requested features like dark mode, resizeable boards, offline mode!
So if you have taken a peek at Chessable lately and did not notice anything new going on (other than new awesome courses), now you know why. We are hard at work behind the scenes, making sure we bring MoveTrainer 2.0 to you as soon as possible.
We’ll try to update you again soon, meanwhile, wishing you a great rest of the month.
P.P.S. Here is a BIG spoiler for you, tomorrow, we’ve got a classic book we’ve made interactive by just about the biggest name in chess coming out tomorrow. ENJOY!
- Chessable Spring 2019 Update - 24th May 2019
- Our most popular course, revamped: 100 Endgames You Must Know gets an update! - 21st March 2019
- Cyclical Review: The Woodpecker Method feature you can use on ANY tactics course + custom reps! - 19th March 2019
- Happy New Year! 2018 in review + a BIG spoiler for 2019 - 8th January 2019
- Bringing chess books to life… and now in print - 5th November 2018
- Breezy learning: 3 Chessable improvements you should know about - 29th August 2018
- Sort by accuracy: the PRO feature that will supercharge your chess learning - 23rd May 2018
- We’ve done it! $50,000 paid to chess authors in 2018 + a call to arms - 23rd March 2018
- Synced chess videos: How to strengthen recall with a fresh new mode of review - 16th March 2018