As you may already know, tomorrow we are releasing perhaps our most exciting course yet: the highly-anticipated Game Changer on Chessable.
The book in print for is already out – but this will be different: it will be the only trainable version of Game Changer and it will be with MoveTrainer™.
But we thought beforehand we could get hold of co-author GM Matthew Sadler to have a quick chat about the book, what he knows about Chessable and how
Matthew, a two-time British champion and individual Olympiad gold medal winner, has been at the Tata Steel Chess Tournament won by Magnus Carlsen in Wijk
He has written Game Changer with Natasha Regan, a Women’s International Master from England, who after her degree in mathematics from the University of Cambridge has had a successful career in chess.
I met Natasha for the first time at the extremely glitzy gala ball for the World Chess Championship last November. However, despite being a fellow Brit and based in England I’ve never before run into Matthew.
Here’s what he had to say:
GM Sadler on Chessable:
“It’s exciting to see a new format for Game Changer coming out!
“However, I’m afraid I don’t know that much about Chessable. I did see a couple of videos by Nick Murphy and Lorin a little while back and I thought that was a really nice idea – it worked very well – but that is the extent of my knowledge about Chessable.
“That may well change ;-)”
GM Sadler on the value of Game Changer for club players:
“Our goal with Game Changer was to bring both the AI side (how AlphaZero is built, how it thinks – which really helps you understand the moves AlphaZero plays and also the moves that other engines play) and the chess side to as broad an audience as possible.
“The lovely thing for the chess was that because AlphaZero has such a clear and distinctive style, we could
“Each chapter – e.g.
“The great thing as well is that the games are so beautiful: you can also just sit back and relax and read it as a wonderful collection of thrilling attacking games!”
A great example:
AlphaZero vs. Stockfish 8
“I think that the games “Rooks on the rampage” and “The
“Especially the matrix is an amazing demonstration of the way AlphaZero combines an open file with an open diagonal against the opponent’s king as the basis of an attack, even at the cost of many many pawns!
“The concept 56.Ka2, 57.Rb1 and 58.c3
Check out Game Changer: AlphaZero’s Groundbreaking Chess Strategies and the Promise of AI on Chessable today!
- Happy Birthday, America! IM John Bartholomew launches our big Born in the USA SUPER SALE - 4th July 2019
- Grandmaster tips: How to stay calm under pressure, by GM ALEX COLOVIC - 21st May 2019
- How to castle in chess: Our guide to mastering this special rule - 17th May 2019
- IM Christof Sielecki on Keep It Simple winning ChessPub Book of the Year - 27th March 2019
- Staff picks: What we recommend in 2019 and why - 14th March 2019
- Viswanathan Anand net worth: How much has the Indian chess superstar earned? - 4th February 2019
- The game has changed! GM Matthew Sadler on how Game Changer can benefit YOU - 31st January 2019
- #ChessPunks guide to building your own chess flashcards using Chessable and Lichess - 29th January 2019
- Game Changer will be a game changer on Chessable with MoveTrainer™ - 16th January 2019
- Surprise attacks! Our top 5 rare chess openings for White - 21st December 2018