It was at the World Chess Championship in November that I snatched a quick chat with Demis Hassabis, handed him a Chessable card and suggested he check us out.
Clearly, he was a man to make a connection with.
Demis, a formidable chess player in his time and now the head of Google DeepMind, had just been giving his thoughts on the match to GM Judit Polgar and IM Anna Rudolf in the commentary room after making the ceremonial first move in Round 8 of Carlsen-Caruana.
The man behind the famed AlphaZero AI chess super-being was in good spirits, but immediately after speaking to
No doubt he has no memory of our chat.
Game Changer is here
But never mind, three months later and we’re incredibly pleased to announce that we’ll be releasing the new book on his pet project AlphaZero, adapted into a MoveTrainer™ course.
This means you will be able to not only read the book on AlphaZero’s games
Much has been made about the incredible innovations and insights AlphaZero has brought to the game – or at least that have been identified in its play.
Now, these cutting edge ideas – and we really mean that – hitherto missed by the greatest minds in chess will be at your fingertips
All this is thanks to the publishers New In Chess
- Happy Birthday, America! IM John Bartholomew launches our big Born in the USA SUPER SALE - 4th July 2019
- Grandmaster tips: How to stay calm under pressure, by GM ALEX COLOVIC - 21st May 2019
- How to castle in chess: Our guide to mastering this special rule - 17th May 2019
- IM Christof Sielecki on Keep It Simple winning ChessPub Book of the Year - 27th March 2019
- Staff picks: What we recommend in 2019 and why - 14th March 2019
- Viswanathan Anand net worth: How much has the Indian chess superstar earned? - 4th February 2019
- The game has changed! GM Matthew Sadler on how Game Changer can benefit YOU - 31st January 2019
- #ChessPunks guide to building your own chess flashcards using Chessable and Lichess - 29th January 2019
- Game Changer will be a game changer on Chessable with MoveTrainer™ - 16th January 2019
- Surprise attacks! Our top 5 rare chess openings for White - 21st December 2018