It was at the World Chess Championship in November that I snatched a quick chat with Demis Hassabis, handed him a Chessable card and suggested he check us out.
Clearly, he was a man to make a connection with.
Demis, a formidable chess player in his time and now the head of Google DeepMind, had just been giving his thoughts on the match to GM Judit Polgar and IM Anna Rudolf in the commentary room after making the ceremonial first move in Round 8 of Carlsen-Caruana.
The man behind the famed AlphaZero AI chess super-being was in good spirits, but immediately after speaking to
No doubt he has no memory of our chat.
Game Changer is here
But never mind, three months later and we’re incredibly pleased to announce that we’ll be releasing the new book on his pet project AlphaZero, adapted into a MoveTrainer™ course.
This means you will be able to not only read the book on AlphaZero’s games
Much has been made about the incredible innovations and insights AlphaZero has brought to the game – or at least that have been identified in its play.
Now, these cutting edge ideas – and we really mean that – hitherto missed by the greatest minds in chess will be at your fingertips
All this is thanks to the publishers New In Chess
- Viswanathan Anand net worth: How much has the Indian chess superstar earned? - 4th February 2019
- The game has changed! GM Matthew Sadler on how Game Changer can benefit YOU - 31st January 2019
- #ChessPunks guide to building your own chess flashcards using Chessable and Lichess - 29th January 2019
- Game Changer will be a game changer on Chessable with MoveTrainer™ - 16th January 2019
- Surprise attacks! Our top 5 rare chess openings for White - 21st December 2018
- How 4 plucky Englishmen held mighty AlphaZero to draw - 10th December 2018
- Erick Zhao: The 10-year-old Chessable user who bagged World Cadets silver - 10th December 2018
- Magnus Carlsen crushes Fabiano Caruana to win World Chess Championship in tie-breaks - 28th November 2018
- World Chess Championship 2018: A quick round-by-round summary - 27th November 2018
- Puzzle Rush: How good is chess.com’s new feature? - 27th November 2018