Dear Chessable learners,
At the end of 2016, I wrote about how, with your backing, we had a fantastic year. Having been so incredibly overwhelmed by your support then, I lack words this New Year’s Day to express our gratitude for your backing during 2017. Your continued choice to use Chessable as part of your chess training is hugely appreciated. Not only did we want to send you a big thank you from the team, but I wanted to let you know that we will continue to work hard to improve Chessable to make it even better.
Here is our brief year in review:
- Our learning community is almost 30,000 strong (nearly tripled!)
- We’ve gone from 2,2 million chess positions studied to a staggering 6.4 million positions.
- We are now backed by private investors.
- We’ve gone from a chess openings trainer to nearly a complete chess training suite, with endgames and tactics, bringing several classic print books to life in the process.
Last year my New Year’s resolution was to help us all study beyond the opening, and we’ve done that. However, you may have noticed I said we are “nearly” a complete training tool. This is not because our endgame or tactics courses are lacking, not at all, you’ve all loved them so much that both those books have impeccable five-star ratings. I’ve said nearly because in my own quest for chess improvement I know there are several things still lacking in the chess world, and we plan to make them, hopefully, you’ll know exactly what we mean by this Spring. We can’t wait.
Finally, I promised you a spoiler so here it is. We plan to have a regular publishing schedule for more great print books that can be brought to life. So far it’s been a bit here and there, but we plan to up our game. We have three print titles almost ready for their interactive release. One great tactics book and two awesome openings books. The titles are: Improve Your Chess Tactics by Neishtadt, The Hyper-Accelerated Dragon by Raja Panjwani and My First Chess Opening Repertoire for Black by Vincent Moret. By letting you know of these books in advance, I hope to start a new trend where you will always know what’s coming soon so that you can plan around it on your quest for chess improvement.
Thanks so much for your support again, wishing you the best New Year possible, and please stay tuned for more exciting releases…!
- The pause study session feature is here, here is how to find it - 24th January 2018
- Review as “whole variation” is Chessable’s new default setting. What does this mean for you? - 16th January 2018
- Happy New Year! The 2017 year in review + 2018 spoiler. - 1st January 2018
- Learn chess tactics: for beginners and beyond! - 21st December 2017
- Chessable’s new study flow is here! - 20th December 2017
- The MVP approach is contagious: taking it step by step is a wonderful idea. - 16th December 2017
- Beating Magnus after a month of training: the neuroscience of why learning chess is so much harder than learning a language - 27th November 2017
- An Evening of Chess with John Bartholomew (and friends!) - 22nd November 2017
- Unlocking a premium feature: Advanced Line Study for all! - 11th November 2017
- Bringing chess books to life: introducing the new features that make it possible. - 25th October 2017