At Chessable, our mission is to make learning chess as effective, as fun and as easy as possible. If this means re-engineering part of our core features, then that’s exactly what we’ll do. Today, the long awaited and highly requested change to Chessable’s study flow is finally here. From today on your learning experience should feel quicker, smoother and more natural.
The main goal of this update was to make the study experience more efficient. To achieve this, we have stopped redirecting you from page to page as much as possible. Instead, you will be given an opportunity to complete whatever lesson you’ve chosen while saving your progress on the go!
For instance, if you have 231 moves to review, and you want to do them all in one go without browsing away? Now that’s possible! Want to continue learning things within a chapter of the new book you picked up without distractions? Now that’s possible! Feel like you are in the flow and just want to keep going? This is it!
We are pretty excited about this update because beyond all that, it is expected to speed up Chessable as a whole, so it can feel even snappier and faster than you are already used to.
Together with a very kind and gregarious group of beta testers (thank you!), we’ve worked hard the whole of last month testing this update for you. We have polished it up as much as we could for the launch date, but already the new ideas and suggestions are flowing! After all, it is a shiny new feature, and it does open up a ton of possibilities. We’ll work on them next year, and make this even better.
However, next year is still some time away, so to begin with, we’ve added five shiny new badges for you to earn. And to put the cherry on the top, this feature will allow us to release a new print book that we are really excited about. Really, really, really soon. Can you guess what book it is? If you’ve guessed it without cheating, we’ll give you a prize. Send us a tweet @chessable!
PS.- Don’t like it? The old study flow is still available in your study settings 🙂Can you guess what new book we are bringing to life this week? Let us know via a tweet!Click To Tweet
- Bringing chess books to life… and now in print - 5th November 2018
- Breezy learning: 3 Chessable improvements you should know about - 29th August 2018
- Sort by accuracy: the PRO feature that will supercharge your chess learning - 23rd May 2018
- We’ve done it! $50,000 paid to chess authors in 2018 + a call to arms - 23rd March 2018
- Synced chess videos: How to strengthen recall with a fresh new mode of review - 16th March 2018
- FastTrack: The new PRO feature that lets you set the pace - 16th March 2018
- The pause study session feature is here, here is how to find it - 24th January 2018
- Review as “whole variation” is Chessable’s new default setting. What does this mean for you? - 16th January 2018
- Happy New Year! The 2017 year in review + 2018 spoiler. - 1st January 2018