Dear Chessable learners!
It has been an incredible year. Before it comes to an end, I wanted to send our best wishes and biggest thanks out to all of you.
Your support and feedback have made all of what we’ve achieved possible. We look forward to seeing you in the new year, and for now, please enjoy your holidays very much.
Some of you (we can see who you are!) are still logging in and working on strengthening your synapses. (This is a somewhat cool way of saying strengthening your memories). If you are one of us peeking onto Chessable, I wanted to offer you a brief year in review:
- In 10 months, we’ve reached over 13,000 registrations.
- We’ve gone from 0 to 2,200,000 chess positions studied.
- We’ve increased the books in our store from a single International Master (who we all love); to several masters. Our authors now include some of the word’s best Grandmasters. We now cover many of the most popular chess openings.
- We’ve added many many features that you can opt-in or out from. In this manner, you can personalise Chessable to suit your individual learning needs.
- In September, I was finally able to start working on Chessable full-time.
We have some incredibly exciting developments in the works for the new year that we know you will love. As a quick hint or sneak preview, I will just say that I personally need to break the 2,000 barrier! I need to work beyond the opening to do so. This requires some new tools and last I checked; no one else has yet built what is necessary. That’s where we come in!
Lastly, some of you may be wondering about our crowdfunding. If you had supported us on our campaign, I have already sent you a personal note via e-mail. However, if you weren’t able to, I just want to let you know that we did not reach our funding target, mainly because despite trying, we could not get our US members on board. We did, however, make the most out of the process. Our campaign has helped us strengthen our brand and has influenced our achievement of significant milestones. We also have this super cool video to show for it: https://goo.gl/wJqv3S. I plan to write more about the crowdfunding next year.
Meanwhile, while the lack of funding slows things down a bit (e.g.,. iOS app), we are nonetheless confident of successfully achieving our next milestones. After all, learning doesn’t have to be hard 🙂
Happy holidays and happy new year!
The Chessable Team
- Sort by accuracy: the PRO feature that will supercharge your chess learning - 23rd May 2018
- We’ve done it! $50,000 paid to chess authors in 2018 + a call to arms - 23rd March 2018
- Synced chess videos: How to strengthen recall with a fresh new mode of review - 16th March 2018
- FastTrack: The new PRO feature that lets you set the pace - 16th March 2018
- The pause study session feature is here, here is how to find it - 24th January 2018
- Review as “whole variation” is Chessable’s new default setting. What does this mean for you? - 16th January 2018
- Happy New Year! The 2017 year in review + 2018 spoiler. - 1st January 2018
- Learn chess tactics: for beginners and beyond! - 21st December 2017
- Chessable’s new study flow is here! - 20th December 2017